Associate Civil Engineer – Airports
Location: Auckland, New Zealand Date Listed: 24/07/2018 Closing Date: 24/07/2019
Transport and Infrastructure at Beca
Our Transport and Infrastructure work is at the heart of our business. Developing and implementing solutions to complex problems, our team is helping to shape the world we live in across the Asia Pacific region – from highways to airports; from to bridges to tunnels. We offer the opportunity to build a career path within a fascinating industry, in a business line that offers variety, challenge and tremendous growth potential.
We embrace the fact that people are our greatest asset. It’s our people that set us apart, and who our clients keep coming back to. Passionate about what we do and the culture we have developed, we believe that key to our success is the teamwork and collaboration fostered, not only within Transport and Infrastructure, but right across the Beca Group. It’s this culture that allows us to deliver excellence in technical delivery, client service and innovation in all that we do.
Our Airports team specialises in the design and maintenance of heavy duty pavements, airfield drainage and services, earthworks, airfield geometric design, general civil engineering for airfield infrastructure and airfield planning and operational staging. We have developed a reputation in industry for our commitment to excellence, successful project completion and sustained business growth.
A number of exciting project wins means we are looking to grow our team. Based in Auckland, we are now excited to be able to offer an Associate level, technical leadership role within our Airports Team. The Auckland Airports team prides itself on high levels of performance for its varied client base.
An Associate role within our team gives you the opportunity to take leadership for the delivery of Projects, development of Client relationships through client service excellence and to drive good practice. This is a key leadership role in our Airports business and we will give you the tools, support and most importantly, the right level of challenge to enable you to excel.
This role will involve:
- Providing technical leadership in the area of airport infrastructure design, helping our people to deliver efficient, safe and innovative solutions to our client’s problems;
- Design management and/or co-ordination of multidisciplinary airport projects within the roles of Job Manager and/or Project Director;
- Verification of airport projects against current standards and best practice guidelines;
- Developing a culture of outstanding delivery within the team including the development of work flow processes to take a design from feasibility to detailed design;
- Providing coaching and mentoring to our young enthusiastic team members with respect to your technical area of expertise as well as project planning and execution;
- Business development activities from the early identification of opportunities through to their active pursuit and securing of projects with our clients and industry partners;
- Participation to help define and shape our strategy to respond to the needs of the market;
- Development of bids and fee estimates including contract reviews and negotiations
As part of our team you will gain experience in writing proposals, designing airfield facilities, producing design documentation such as feasibility studies, design basis reports, design layouts, specifications and detailed construction drawings, undertaking maintenance inspections and pavement inspection reporting, on-site monitoring of construction works and/or working in the role of Engineers Representative or Engineer to the Contract. We are interested in hearing about your specialist Airport Infrastructure planning, design and/or project management skills and experience. As our work takes us to the far flung corners of New Zealand, Australia and the Pacific there will likely be opportunities to travel, so if you are looking for some adventure in your work, this opportunity is for you.
Beca understands the importance of flexibility for its people and this opportunity is open either as a full or part-time position.
Our clients do incredible things every day. They are transforming their communities and changing lives through the structures they build, the products they manufacture, the services they provide, and the families they support. And we are right there alongside them. We are the problem-solvers – the thinkers, the creators, the planners and practitioners – who understand their vision and make things happen! We are 3000-plus professionals spread across 19 offices across the Asia Pacific.
While our experience has been 98 years in the making, it’s the fresh talent we’re nurturing, the innovative thinking we’re developing and the connections that we’re forging, that get us most excited for the future.
We can provide support with relocation and immigration to suitable applicants. You can find out more about our people and projects by visiting www.beca.com
For further information contact Simon Kitto (Talent Acquisition Business Partner) – +61 2 8216 4634 or apply today!
Beca prides itself on supporting a diverse and inclusive culture – open to inputs from creative people of all genders, ethnicity, identity, thought and experiences.