Pros of Employer Sponsorship:
- Not related to waiting for state nomination – not points based, for many passport holders English test may not be required.
- For non-regional based employers, can be non-restrictive in terms of working location, e.g. Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne.
- You change employers if you find another opportunity and they are happy to renominate you – there will be a process involved.
- Pathways to Permanent Residency through the subclass 186 visa streams, or if your occupation is on the MLTSSL on the subclass 482 visa. See our blog on What are Subclass 482 Employer Sponsored Visas?
- Pathways to Permanent Residency for all occupations sponsored on a Regional subclass 494 visa.
- Experience can substitute qualifications for the 482 for many occupations.
- For many occupations and passports, no skills assessment is required.
Cons of Employer Sponsorship:
- Choose state wisely – If you are already on a skilled points-based pathway, coming onshore on a 482 visa could impact that – i.e. Many states will only invite you if you live in that state, meaning you may be relying on the state you reside in only for options.
- If you continue onshore with points-based pathways; for licensed trades you may not be able to claim points for your onshore experience until you are licensed in Australia (Plumbers, Electricians, Air Con & Refrigeration Mechanics).
- Separate from your current points-based visa pathway regarding costs (however, if you continue your points-based process onshore, the fees you have paid the DUC towards this process will be honoured).
- If subclass 482 – short term skilled list occupations will generally not lead to Permanent Residency.
- You will be expected to work for your sponsor only – less freedom – E.g., self-employed work not permitted.
- Do your research regarding schooling fees for temporary visa holders as these can vary from state to state.
If you have an employer or you are an employer who needs assistance with setting up the business as an approved sponsor/the nomination of a subclass 482/494 position OR for subclass 186 pricing information, please get in touch for a personalised quote depending on the stages you require assistance with and GBP/AUD depending.
Enquire with us today
* These fields are required.