Location: Melbourne, Australia Date Listed: 24/07/2018 Closing Date: 24/07/2019
Transport and Infrastructure at Beca
Our Transport and Infrastructure work is at the heart of our business. Developing and implementing solutions to complex problems, our team is helping to shape the world we live in across the Asia Pacific region – from highways to airports; from to bridges to tunnels. We offer the opportunity to build a career path within a fascinating industry, in a business line that offers variety, challenge and tremendous growth potential.
We embrace the fact that people are our greatest asset. It’s our people that set us apart, and who our clients keep coming back to. Passionate about what we do and the culture we have developed, we believe that key to our success is the teamwork and collaboration fostered, not only within Transport and Infrastructure but right across the Beca Group. It’s this culture that allows us to deliver excellence in technical delivery, client service and innovation in all that we do.
With the strong focus we have on our people, we are happy to discuss different flexible work arrangements for this opportunity.
Our Victorian Transport team specialises in the design of roads, rail, bridges, drainage and general civil engineering projects. In support of recent project wins and a strong pipeline of work, our established civil team is looking for a CAD Leader to join us.
This is a varied role that will see you:
- Prepare and oversee the production of drawings for complex projects that comply with company standards, quality systems and project budgets;
- Deliver projects from inception through to completion that meet design excellence and quality standards;
- Provide technical advice to other designers and drafters with respect to AutoCAD, Microstation and Projectwise;
- Work with our team leaders to plan and resource projects effectively to meet targeted quality levels
- Understand risk on all jobs through implementation of sound audit, business and financial management
- Present information professionally to ensure effective communication of design/drafting intent
- Build strong client relationships (internal and external) based around understanding clients’ needs and provision of appropriate design solutions leading to continuing work and repeat business;
- Network across the Beca group to identify and leverage opportunities in support of our team;
- Assist with tender and bid documentation as requested;
- Mentor others through sharing experience and delegating appropriately
We are looking for someone who is proficient in the use of AutoCAD and Microstation but also will have experience in the use of Projectwise for document control and management. This experience will be in area of civil engineering with a particular focus on the development and delivery of design documentation for roads and highways projects to VicRoads drawing standards. Your career to date will have given you knowledge in project planning activities including work flow and the application of quality management processes to create high quality project deliverables as well as experienced in the development of bids and fee estimates. You are a values driven person who enjoys sharing the successes of your colleagues and delivering excellence for your clients.
Working amongst a group of highly motivated professionals, you will step into an open and supportive culture that values the skills that you can contribute to the group. We will provide you with a wide range of technical and leadership challenges that will continue to grow your skills and knowledge.
Our clients do incredible things every day. They are transforming their communities and changing lives through the structures they build, the products they manufacture, the services they provide, and the families they support. And we are right there alongside them. We are the problem-solvers – the thinkers, the creators, the planners and practitioners – who understand their vision and make things happen! We are 3000-plus professionals spread across 19 offices across the Asia Pacific.
While our experience has been 98 years in the making, it’s the fresh talent we’re nurturing, the innovative thinking we’re developing and the connections that we’re forging, that get us most excited for the future.
We can provide support with relocation and immigration to suitable applicants. You can find out more about our people and projects by visiting www.beca.com
For further information contact Simon Kitto (Talent Acquisition Business Partner) – +61 2 8216 4634 or apply today!
Beca prides itself on supporting a diverse and inclusive culture – open to inputs from creative people of all genders, ethnicity, identity, thought and experiences.