Child Visa

A Child is defined as being:

Under 18 years of age Between 18 and 25 years of age and in full-time education 18 years of age and older and unable to work due to a disability and dependent on the sponsoring Parent

There are various visas which allow a Child to joint their Parent in Australia.  The Parent that acts as the Sponsor must be an Australian citizen or Permanent Resident.

  • A child born offshore to an Australian Permanent Resident will require their own visa.
  • A child born onshore to an Australia Permanent Resident will be born an Australian Citizen.
  • Child born to an Australian Citizen (regardless of where born) should be eligible for Australian Citizenship by Descent.
  • If you are granted a Provisional Visa, and then have a child, that child will require their own visa.
  • Adopted children outside of Australia must apply for Subclass 102.

If you are caring for a relative’s child, due to both parents of that child being deceased, permanently incapacitated or of unknown whereabouts, they would need to apply for the Orphan Relative Subclass 117.

Call us on 0203 376 1555 so we can discuss your particular situation and advise if you meet the specific requirements.