Electrical & Controls Engineer
Location: Melbourne, Australia Date Listed: 24/07/2018 Closing Date: 24/07/2019
Industrial Team at Beca
Whether we’re helping with a feasibility study for a new plant or production line, making small modifications, assisting with a safe and productive shutdown, or project managing an entire project, the Industrial team is proud of their ability to really get into the processes, to dig deep to uncover and solve problems and bottlenecks and to build strong relationships that last for years.
Our team loves to be there, on the ground, making things happen.
The Electrical & Controls Engineer will join a specialist Electrical & Controls team based within the wider Industrial team at Beca.
As part of a multidisciplinary business, you will have the opportunity to work on a range of heavy and light industrial projects in all of the Industrial team’s market segments as well as different business groups including Power and Water. In this role you will:
- Initially responsible for design and delivery however we expect you to work quickly towards work ‘package’ management and job management
- Work in all market segments including Food & Beverage, Chemicals & Manufacturing, Mining & Metals, and Water & Wastewater
- Be involved with electrical design including electrical protection, motor control and process control
- Have the opportunity to visit our clients on-site across in supporting project delivery and providing advice and guidance
You will be working with one of the strongest E&IC teams in the country and we expect that you will be very comfortable collaborating, sharing and communicating across the immediate team while proactively managing relationships across the wider business. You will have:
- Good E&IC design background with an interest and knowledge of controls in particular
- BE (Bachelor Engineering) in Electrical is preferred with an intermediate level of experience ideally from within a consulting environment
- Strong understanding of low voltage power design and AS/NZS 3000
- Experience in design of PLC, SCADA and/or DCS systems and networks
- High level planning and organisational skills
- Phenomenal communication skills and a desire for quick career development
As your role will give you the ability to be involved in all phases of the project life cycle – there will be plenty of opportunities for you to learn new things, to deal with challenges head on and to take on leadership responsibilities as and when you feel confident to do so. As this role with be one with a good deal of client liaison, high level written and spoken communication skills are required.
Our clients do incredible things every day. They are transforming their communities and changing lives through the structures they build, the products they manufacture, the services they provide, and the families they support. And we are right there alongside them.
We are the problem-solvers – the thinkers, the creators, the planners and practitioners – who understand their vision and make things happen! We are 3000-plus professionals spread across 19 offices throughout the Asia Pacific.
While our experience has been 98 years in the making, it’s the fresh talent we’re nurturing, the innovative thinking we’re developing and the connections that we’re forging that get us most excited for the future.
We can provide support with relocation and immigration to suitable applicants. You can find out more about our people and projects by visiting www.beca.com.
Beca prides itself on supporting a diverse and inclusive culture – open to inputs from creative people of all genders, ethnicity, identity, thought and experiences.