Manager – Auckland Civil Structures
Location: Auckland, New Zealand Date Listed: 24/07/2018 Closing Date: 24/07/2019
Are you an experienced leader looking for the next step? Are you interested in a dynamic market facing leadership role? Reporting to the Operations Manager – Transport and Infrastructure NZ, we are looking for someone to lead our Civil Structures team in Auckland. In this role you will be part of the leadership team for the Transport & Infrastructure Business Line and will be responsible for leading the team across the Region.
As one of five globally aligned business groups at Beca, Transport and Infrastructure is home to around 600 exceptional people delivering transport and infrastructure solutions across the Asia Pacific region – from highways to airports; from to bridges to tunnels. Our newly introduced global business model is supporting us to further invest our energy in continuing our success in New Zealand and beyond. It’s an exciting time to get involved and lead a team of highly capable professionals to secure our future.
Current Manager, Matt Sturge is moving out of the role to focus on the amazing opportunity to be involved in the Americas Cup base legacy. Keep an eye on our channels as Matt Sturge shares his story in making this career changing decision.
Matt’s internal move has created this great leadership opportunity. As Manager – Auckland Civil Structures, you will be responsible for maintaining and developing key client relationships and ensuring that a cohesive and high performing team is well positioned in the market in order to support the continued growth. The team is home to approx. 40 people who are based in our vibrant and growing Auckland office.
This is a dynamic leadership role in which you will be primarily responsible for:
• Fostering a culture of excellence in technical delivery, client service, innovation and commercial management across the business
• Leading the development of constructive team culture focussed on collaboration and teamwork
• Developing, delivering and monitoring section specific business plans.
• Actively working with others in the Transport and Infrastructure leadership group and across Beca to set a deliver strategic and aspirational goals
• Recruiting, retaining and developing talent
• Supporting the General Manager and Operations Manager in the overall leadership of the business
This role forms part of the global leadership group and is the conduit between local team matters and the wider business. You will be working amongst a group of highly motivated and constructive professionals who provide an open and supportive culture that values the skills that you can contribute.
We are looking for a current high performer who has the experience and motivation to take on this leadership role. You will need to demonstrate:
• Team focused people management skills that inspire a positive attitude
• Well-developed client relationship skills with existing knowledge of the market for our services
• Excellent collaboration and delegation skills which see you enlist the help of others to meet objectives
• A civil/structural technical background ideally with a strong Design Management career path
For a confidential discussion regarding the role please contact Heather Douglas (Associate – Talent Acquisition Partner) 09 300 9136. Applications close Monday 30th July. Please apply online including your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role.