Partner (Provisional) Visa Subclass 309 & Partner (Migrant) Visa Subclass 100

If you are in a relationship with an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or eligible New Zealand Citizen, you could apply for a Partner Visa if:

You can document living together for the immediate 12 months prior to applying; or You are married; or You plan on getting married.

Partner (Provisional) Visa Subclass 309 & Partner (Migrant) Visa Subclass 100

Must apply offshore; Must not be onshore when visa is granted; Must meet the basic criteria although you can apply before you are married, provided you are married before the visa is granted; As of July 2017 the Government fee is A$ 7,000;

Typically, the Provisional Subclass 309 is granted first and you become eligible to apply for the Permanent Subclass 100 two years after applying for the first visa, provided you have remained in a relationship with your partner.

However, if you have provided documentation to support being married (or living together) for three years – or two years and have a child together – you may qualify for the Subclass 100 in the first instance.

The Provisional visa allows you multiple entries and is valid until a decision is made on your Permanent application.

Permanent visa is valid for 5 years.

Call us on 0203 376 1555 so we can discuss your particular situation and advise if you meet the specific requirements.