Choosing the best Australian pension fund for your needs
Australia’s pension scheme is known as superannuation, or super. Super is compulsory for most people employed in Australia.
Support for you in Australia
There’s a lot to think about when you start a new job in another country. Most super funds are focussed on making it easy for members to make informed decisions about their financial future through:
• Financial education seminars and webinars
• Dedicated support from local service teams
• An online resource hub, where you can learn how super works
• Australian Government resources like MoneySmart.gov.au
Things to keep in mind
Here’s a list of things to keep in mind when looking at your superannuation options:
• Australian super funds, like QSuper, require eligible employees to have name, date of birth and Australian contact details like address and mobile when setting up a new super account. If you’re not sure what information might be needed when setting up a new super account, check with your chosen Australian super fund.
• Some employment contracts include the super fund your employer super contributions must be paid into, which means you won’t get to choose your own fund – instead, a super account will be opened on your behalf with that fund.
QSuper is one of Australia’s largest and oldest superannuation funds* and has been looking after the financial wellbeing of its members for more than 100 years. Their unique investment strategy is designed to deliver consistently strong returns for members’ retirement savings and they believe in keeping fees low.
As a profit-for-members super fund, everything they do is for the benefit of their members – not shareholders. This gives you the confidence to focus on living your best life in Australia, knowing your super is working hard for your future.
QSuper is open to Australian residents. If you have any queries about QSuper or the Australian superannuation system, please get in touch via QSuper’s online contact form.
*Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA) Annual Fund-level Superannuation Statistics June 2020 edition (issued 16 December 2020) for assets.
This is general information only, using sources that we believe are reliable and accurate at the time of publication. The QSuper products are issued by the QSuper Board (ABN 32 125 059 006, AFSL 489650) as trustee for QSuper (ABN 60 905 115 063). Consider whether the product is right for you by reading the product disclosure statement (PDS) available from our website or by calling us on 1300 360 750. © QSuper Board