Senior Associate Transport Planner – Hamilton
Right now we are living in one of the most exciting periods of change in New Zealand’s history with unprecedented levels of growth. We are looking for an enthusiastic Transport Planner to help us with the planning of a wide range of multi-modal infrastructure, management and technology projects and to prepare business cases to support these projects. Our work includes iconic transportation projects such as Auckland’s Supporting Growth Alliance.
Our Transport Advisory team is looking for an Associate or Senior Associate level Transport Planner to lead projects, opportunities and to provide technical oversight within our team.
Your responsibilities could include:
- Development of key client relationships
- Identifying and leading the pursuit and bidding of new opportunities in the Auckland and Upper North Island region
- Leading the preparation of programme, indicative and detailed business cases
- Multi-criteria evaluation of options
- Analysing projections of multi-modal demand and revenue and the economic benefits of transport projects
- Public transport, walking, cycling and road safety studies
- Providing advice to our clients on transport strategy and policy
- Directing and technical oversight of a range of transport planning and traffic engineering projects including work on the Supporting Growth Alliance and the Safe Roads Alliance.
The following describes the person we’re looking for:
- You have solid experience in transport planning for a wide range of modes
- You have a broad network of contacts and enjoy developing opportunities
- You have a good knowledge of the NZ Transport Agency’s business case approach
- You are interested in developing the skills of our team
- Some international experience would be advantageous
- 10-20 years’ experience.
As part of our national transport advisory team you will have many opportunities to diversify and develop in your career, including the opportunity to participate in national and overseas assignments.
As a valued Beca employee, you will enjoy many benefits including:
- A challenging career in a professional, family-orientated office
- Work-life balance – we hold regular team social events and like to have fun at work.
Beca has a multi-cultural work force and a friendly and supportive team environment. We offer support and advice towards a move to New Zealand including visa, relocation and accommodation.
Apply directly through our website, alternatively for a confidential chat please call Steve Scannell – Talent Acquisition Partner, 04 901 2394
To find out more about the work we do and the people visit www.beca.com/btts
Beca prides itself on supporting a diverse and inclusive culture – open to inputs from creative people of all genders, ethnicity, identity, thought and experiences