Senior Consultant – Logistics and Operations
Location: Melbourne, Australia Date Listed: 24/07/2018 Closing Date: 24/07/2019
Logistics at Beca
Beca’s logistics practice is part of our industrial business group. Whether we are helping with supply chain network transformation, long term capital planning, benchmarking, or operations improvement work,
the logistics team is proud of their ability to really get into the processes, to dig deep to uncover and solve problems and bottlenecks and to build strong relationships that last for years.
Our team loves to be there, on the ground, making things happen.
Our logistics team is seeing more opportunity than we are able to pursue. This is a great opportunity to be part of a small but rapidly growing team going interesting places!
You will a join a team of specialists in our logistics team responsible for leading the delivery of logistics services across a wide range of market sectors, including: food & beverage, retail & FMCG, oil & gas, mining & metals, forestry, chemicals & manufacturing, defence and government, ports and airports.
Our logistics services are divided into Supply Chain and Operations, Design and Engineering, and Project Execution. We are interested in hearing from experienced professionals with experience in one or more of supply chain and operations consulting, management consulting, simulation and analytics, facility design, materials handling systems design and procurement, project management and operational readiness
This is an opportunity to become involved in projects spanning a wide range of industries and applications, as part of an organisation that delivers end to end.
- Lead consulting engagements to clients, managing teams, and ensuring high standards of service and delivery.
- Employ advanced skills and knowledge in your specialisation to deliver value to clients.
- Collaborate with teams and people within a multidisciplinary environment to support the delivery of innovative solutions and advice for our clients
- Support business development activity and further building a growing pipeline of work, building successful relationships and winning work.
- Support the development of junior and intermediate personnel
- Have the opportunity to be part of building a great team culture, and work with outstanding people.
- Have the opportunity to step up in the a leadership role, with people or client relationships.
Beca’s logistics practice is part of a diverse range of specialist teams across New Zealand and Australia; we expect that you will be very comfortable collaborating, sharing and communicating across the immediate team while proactively managing relationships across the wider business as well as clients. Our clients’ needs are always on the move, and therefore we also expect you will be a versatile team player that can meet evolving challenges, and sees the opportunity in change.
We also expect that you will have:
- Experienced in one or more of: operational and management consulting, supply chain optimisation, change management or project management.
- People or team leadership experience is desirable, or the willingness to step up to this responsibility.
- Consulting experience is desirable, but not essential.
- Degree qualified in an appropriate professional field.
As a valued Beca employee, you will enjoy many benefits including:
- A challenging career in a professional, family-orientated office
- Ongoing career development including support for your professional registration
- Work-life balance – we hold regular team social events and like to have fun at work
Our clients do incredible things every day. They are transforming their communities and changing lives through the structures they build, the products they manufacture, the services they provide, and the families they support. And we are right there alongside them.
We are the problem-solvers – the thinkers, the creators, the planners and practitioners – who understand their vision and make things happen! We are 3000-plus professionals spread across 19 offices throughout the Asia Pacific.
While our experience has been 98 years in the making, it’s the fresh talent we’re nurturing, the innovative thinking we’re developing and the connections that we’re forging that get us most excited for the future.
Beca has a multi-cultural work force and a friendly and supportive team environment. We offer support and advice towards a move to New Zealand including visa, relocation and accommodation.
Apply directly through our website, alternatively for a confidential chat please call Steve Scannell – Talent Acquisition Partner, +64 4 901 2394
To find out more about the work we do and the people visit https://www.beca.com/industrialteam