Senior Industrial Cost Estimator
Location: Melbourne or Sydney, Australia Date Listed: 24/07/2018 Closing Date: 24/07/2019
Industrial Team at Beca
There are endless opportunities and no shortage of exciting projects within the food and beverage, oil and gas, mining and metals, forestry and chemicals and manufacturing sectors. You’ll join a diverse and talented team delivering creative, innovative solutions in partnership with our clients.
Be part of a motivated and trusted team, dedicated to developing and sharing technical innovation to push boundaries and continually challenge and overcome convention and constraints, to transform our world for the better.
Our team loves to be there, on the ground, making things happen.
Beca’s Industrial PME (Process/Mechanical/Electrical) team has an opportunity for an Estimator in their Sydney team. This is a new position and will have a core focus on generating specialised estimation services for our clients and at the same time supporting an uplift in the team’s estimating capability. You will be:
- Owning Cost Estimation for the PME team with the opportunity to build a specialist function
- Impacting the quality of our project delivery by ensuring robust Estimation practices are followed across the team
- Building capability while immediately supporting a huge range of projects across the globe
This role can be based in either our Melbourne or Sydney office.
We don’t expect you to already be working as an Estimator, we do however expect that you will be an engineer with experience in providing core estimation and project management services from within the built or consulting environments. You will have:
- Good technical understanding of estimating and the ability to work with clients and key stakeholders in establishing cost estimates and budgets for multi-disciplinary projects
- Strong background in project delivery and in particular relating to construction methodology
- Familiarity with working in light and/or heavy industrial projects
- Building strong internal and external client relationships based around understanding of clients’ needs and provision of appropriate technical solutions
Our clients do incredible things every day. They are transforming their communities and changing lives through the structures they build, the products they manufacture, the services they provide, and the families they support. And we are right there alongside them.
We are the problem-solvers – the thinkers, the creators, the planners and practitioners – who understand their vision and make things happen! We are 3000-plus professionals spread across 19 offices across the Asia Pacific.
While our experience has been 98 years in the making, it’s the fresh talent we’re nurturing, the innovative thinking we’re developing and the connections that we’re forging, that get us most excited for the future.
We can provide support with relocation and immigration to suitable applicants. You can find out more about our people and projects by visiting www.beca.com
Beca prides itself on supporting a diverse and inclusive culture – open to inputs from creative people of all genders, ethnicity, identity, thought and experiences