Senior Road Safety Specialist – Wellington
Beca has been a leading provider of road safety services, particularly innovative new services, across New Zealand for over 20 years. Beca’s road safety team is part of the Transportation section which has a breadth of international, national and local experience in traffic and transportation. We undertake crash reduction studies, road safety audits, crash risk mapping and safety assessments on State Highways, motorways and local roads throughout New Zealand. We are also a key provider of road safety research to central government, where our focus has been on quantifying the safety impact of various road features and safety interventions for all transport modes.
We have a strong forward workload with a number of ongoing road safety contracts and projects including the National Safe Roads Alliance, Auckland Motorway Alliance, Network Maintenance Contracts and continuing services contracts for road safety throughout New Zealand.
We are looking for a senior road safety engineer to join our highly successful road safety team. In addition to solid road safety engineering skills we are looking for an engineer that has been involved in either safety auditing, risk mapping, complex crash analysis studies or road safety research. Ideally you will have experience or an understanding of the principles behind the Safe System Approach to road safety and have current knowledge of best practice and research. The ability to translate this knowledge into practical safety solutions is essential. In our group you will have the opportunity to work with an international road safety specialist and work on cutting edge road safety approaches, trials and projects.
Your duties will include
- Undertaking road safety assessments and determining practical project options
- Use of crash prediction modelling tools
- Managing projects including scope and resource planning for the Road Safety, Economics and Traffic assessment requirements
- Crash reduction studies
- Leading Road Safety Audits
- Engaging proactively with Road Safety Partners and Clients
- Developing systems and processes for delivery of road safety tasks
- Maintaining current knowledge of Industry best practice
- Lead the implementation of innovation in Road Safety assessment and treatments
- Provide subject matter expertise around road safety assessment and Safe System
- Identify and test new safety technologies
You must have good communication skills and have the ability to lead a team and build strong internal and external relationships.
You will also have proven capability in:
- Understanding of a range of engineering disciplines and the practical application of Road Safety Treatments
- Understanding road safety research, policies and procedures
- Experience or an understanding of the Safe System Approach.
- Use of crash analysis systems
- Leading Road Safety Audit teams
- Previous experience with fatal and serious crash reporting
- Ability to work within and lead teams
- Safety analysis of projects using excel tools
You will have a track record of delivering successful projects and exhibiting sound business writing and quantitative / qualitative analysis skills. You will have significant experience leading high value road safety projects and be a collaborative team member.
Beca has a multi-cultural work force and a friendly and supportive team environment. We offer support and advice towards a move to New Zealand including visa, relocation and accommodation.
For more information or a confidential chat please speak to Steve Scannell +64 4 901 2394.
To find out more about the work we do and the people visit www.beca.com/btts
The Beca Group of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applications are strictly confidential.