Senior Transportation Engineer – Auckland
Location: Auckland, New Zealand Date Listed: 24/07/2018 Closing Date: 24/07/2019
Senior Transportation Engineer
Right now we are living in one of the most exciting periods of change in New Zealand’s history
with unprecedented levels of growth. We are looking for an enthusiastic Transport Planner to help us with the planning of a wide range of multi-modal infrastructure, management and technology projects and to prepare business cases to support these projects. Our work includes iconic transportation projects such as Auckland’s Supporting Growth Alliance.
As a result of recent success across the business and our growth in the region, we have an opportunity for a motivated Senior Transport Engineer to join our team.
Beca is involved with a wide variety of traffic engineering design and road safety work for clients in the area. Our Transport Advisory team is looking for a talented individual, to join our growing and successful team in Christchurch – you will ideally have experience in preparing leading traffic engineering design and road safety projects and you will be given the opportunity to shine.
Ideally, you would have around seven to ten years’ experience. Your responsibilities could include:
- Providing technical assessments and advice to clients in respect of traffic engineering solutions
- Leading and delivering traffic engineering assessments or designs
- Leading and delivering road safety engineering projects
- Preparation of detailed submissions which demonstrate a good understanding of client needs
- Management, resourcing and delivery of a range of consulting projects
- Maintenance of key client relationships
The following describes the person we’re looking for:
- You have transport planning or traffic engineering experience
- You’re self-motivated and looking to impact and drive the business by taking the initiative
- You have an ability to build effective, collaborative working relationships with clients
- You have a solid knowledge of standards, current trends and legislation in order to deliver innovative and practical solutions to our clients
- You are a team player and work well in a mutually beneficial environment.
As part of our national multi-specialist team you will have many opportunities to diversify and develop in your career, including national and overseas assignments.
As a valued Beca employee, you will enjoy many benefits including:
- A challenging career in a professional, family-orientated office
- Ongoing career development including support for your professional registration (e.g. CPEng)
- Work-life balance – we hold regular team social events and like to have fun at work
Beca has a multi-cultural work force and a friendly and supportive team environment. Our Christchurch office in particular is a great gateway to the wider South Island and all the outdoor activities accessible. Our local team regularly get involved in these activities and you’d be most welcome to join them. If needed, we offer support and advice towards a move to New Zealand including visa, relocation and accommodation.
Apply directly through our website, alternatively for a confidential chat please call Steve Scannell – Talent Acquisition Partner, 04 901 2394
To find out more about Beca visit: