Location: Auckland, New Zealand Date Listed: 24/07/2018 Closing Date: 24/07/2019
The Beca ICT team plays a critical role in delivering technology solutions and support services to the Beca business. The team works collaboratively across our global centres in the planning and delivery of an IT support network that maintains a progressive and technologically agile culture.
Beca is a large professional services business with a diverse multidisciplinary consultancy environment; we operate across a huge range of markets and as such utilise technology as an intrinsic function of operational success whilst delivering innovative solutions to our clients.
The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for ensuring that Beca’s global technology infrastructure is delivered at a high level of performance, security and availability. In this role you will be:
- Proactively identifying and making recommendations to ensure the on-going availability and performance of Beca’s global infrastructure
- Ensure critical systems remain operational
- Provide 3rd level support to our internal clients
- Take a leadership role in problem management utilising your strong trouble shooting skills
- Implement system changes with minimal impact on the business
- Produce and maintain documentation of system designs and configurations
- Provide input to projects around systems’ design and configuration using best practice methodologies
This is a 12 month fixed term position based in Auckland.
We expect that you will have experience in corporate environments where you’ve been responsible for safe-guarding and proactively supporting business’ core systems and technology infrastructure. You will also be able to demonstrate a logical and systematic approach problem solving and resolution.
Experience with the following technologies are desirable:
- Microsoft cloud technologies
- Exchange (Hybrid 2016)
- Skype for Business
- Networking (switching, routing, firewalls)
Our clients do incredible things every day. They are transforming their communities and changing lives through the structures they build, the products they manufacture, the services they provide, and the families they support. And we are right there alongside them.
We are the problem-solvers – the thinkers, the creators, the planners and practitioners – who understand their vision and make things happen! We are 3000-plus professionals spread across 19 offices throughout the Asia Pacific.
While our experience has been 98 years in the making, it’s the fresh talent we’re nurturing, the innovative thinking we’re developing and the connections that we’re forging that get us most excited for the future.
We can provide support with relocation and immigration to suitable applicants. You can find out more about our people and projects by visiting www.beca.com.
Beca prides itself on supporting a diverse and inclusive culture – open to inputs from creative people of all genders, ethnicity, identity, thought and experiences