Child Visa for Australia

A Child is defined as being:

  • Under 18 years of age
  • Between 18 and 25 years of age and in full-time education
  • 18 years of age and older and unable to work due to a disability and dependent on the sponsoring Parent

There are various Child visas for Australia which allow a Child to join their Parent in Australia.  The Parent that acts as the Sponsor must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.

If you hold a Provisional Visa, and then have a child, you must apply for that child to be added to your visa.

A child born offshore to an Australian Permanent Resident will require their own visa.

A child born onshore to an Australia Permanent Resident will be born an Australian Citizen.

A child (regardless of their age or where they were born) should be eligible for Australian Citizenship by Descent if one of their Parents was an Australian Citizen at the time of their birth.

Adopted children outside of Australia must apply for Subclass 102.

If you are caring for a relative’s child, due to both parents of that child being deceased, permanently incapacitated or of unknown whereabouts, they would need to apply for the Orphan Relative Subclass 117.

Contact us on 0203 376 1555 for a visa consultation so we can discuss your particular situation and advise if you meet the specific requirements or email us directly at