travel australia

Working Holiday Visas for Australia

Australia allows young people to holiday and work in Australia for 12 months, and longer if you meet Regional working requirements. There are two different Working Holiday visas for Australia; which you apply for depends on the country of your passport.

Working Holiday Visa Subclass 417:

*UK, *Ireland, *Canada, Belgium, Cyprus, *Denmark, Estonia, Finland, *France, Germany, Hong Kong, *Italy, Japan, Korea, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden and Taiwan.

Work & Holiday Visa Subclass 462:

USA, Argentina, Austria, Brazil, Chile, China, Czech, Ecuador, Greece, Hungary, Indonesia, Israel, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mongolia, Peru, Poland, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, Uruguay and Vietnam.

The fee for both Australia Working Holiday visas is A$ 635.

Working Holiday Visa requirements:

  • Must be at least 18 years of age, but less than 31 (*UK, *Irish, *Canadian, *Danish, *French, and *Italian citizens can apply up to the age of 35 inclusive).
  • Cannot have any dependent children accompany you at any time during your visa;
  • Have access to funds of at least A$ 5,000;
  • Must be offshore when you apply.
  • The Visa is valid for 12 months with multiple entries. You can generally only work 6 months with one employer. Allows study for up to 4 months.

If you complete 3 months specified Regional Work in these 12 months you can apply for a Second Year Working Holiday Visa. If you then complete 6 months of specified Regional Work during this 12 month period you can apply for a Third Year Working Holiday Visa.
From 1 July 2024, UK passport holders will be able to be granted up to three Working Holiday visas without having to meet any specified regional work requirements.