Frequently Asked Questions
If you can’t find the answer to your question(s), contact us or call us on 0203 376 1555!
Australian Parent Visas FAQs
Australian Skilled Visas FAQs
The skilled occupation list can be found at https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/working-in-australia/skill-occupation-list
Each occupation has a 6 digit code (ANZSCO code) – this describes the job duties. Click on the number and it will bring up the job description. It’s the job duties, not the job title, that matters.
Once you have determined which occupation fits best, head to the DUC Points Calculator to see if you meet the criteria.
Alternatively send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll arrange a consultation to discuss your options.
An Australian skills assessment is required so you, the migrant, can apply for a visa to Australia. The skills assessment is the way Australian Immigration can confirm that you are the occupation you are applying as, and have the relevant skills to match the Australian guidelines.
These are the current Government visa fees for Australian skilled visas, which are due at time of visa lodgement.
- Main Application $4,115
- Partner/Each additional person over 18 $2,060 each
- Child $1,030
- 1.4% Visa/Mastercard or AMEX
- 1.01% PayPal
Updated 1 July 2021
- Accountants $550
- Engineers (Accord) $437 (CDR) $805
- IT Occupations $500 (RPL $550)
- Licensed Trades $1,280 paper application and $2,000 technical interview and $2,200 practical exam
- Nurses $515 (or $340 modified assessment)
- Non-Licensed Trades $1,280 paper application and $2,000 technical interview
- Quantity Surveyors $655
- Radiographers $928
- Social Workers $1,800
- Surveyors $750
- Teachers $1,050
- TRA Direct Occupations $720
- Vetassess Professional $962 (or $1,585 priority processing)
- Welfare Workers $965
Updated May 2022