4 Australian cities made it to the top 10 of most liveable cities in the world
Every year, the Economist Intelligence Unit rank 140 urban cities for most liveable in the world. This year, 4 cities in Australia made it to the top 10 list! Last year’s ranking was cancelled due to the covid-19 pandemic. So, in 2019, first place belonged to Vienna, but this year Vienna didn’t make it to the top 10 list.
For years, Melbourne and Sydney ran neck and neck for top 10 most liveable cities in the world.
But this year, Auckland has fought its place to the top, with Japan, Australia and Switzerland being in the top 10. New Zealand’s strict lockdown measures as well as it being isolated, gave the country a huge boost. Their restrictions allowed their society to reopen, and citizens got to enjoy a lifestyle similar to times before the global pandemic.
“The Covid-19 pandemic has taken a heavy toll on global liveability,” the EIU said.
4 cities in Australia have been placed in the top 10; Adelaide (3rd place), Perth (6th place), Melbourne (9th place) and Brisbane (10th place).
Are you looking to explore your options for migrating to Australia?
Complete our free points calculator to check your eligibility for a skilled visa and our team will be in touch.
- Chef Skills Assessment for Australia
- Cook Skills Assessment for Australia
- Electrician Skills Assessment for Australia
- Hairdresser Skills Assessment for Australia
- Welder (First Class) Skills Assessment for Australia
- Fitter Skills Assessment for Australia
- Plumber Skills Assessment for Australia
- Carpenter Skills Assessment for Australia
- Partner Visa Australia